I’ve been missing in action from this blog (has it really been three months?). Partly because I’m not sure why I signed up to have another hobby when I don’t have many hours in a day for my existing life. I really respect mummy bloggers who prioritize updating as I can barely find the time in between chasing around Ever to actually do my real life, money making work. Either way, it’s nice to share and hope there are others feeling like me.
Ever is 10 months now and it amazes me each and every day how smart and beautiful she has become. Do all parents feel this way? Her mind is working like a fast absorbing sponge and she’s learned so many words in the past few weeks. She loves to point and can locate her milk, bananas, fish, stars, and shoes by name. She’s also loving clapping her hands, singing songs, and food. Her sense of smell is far better than our dog’s and can spot my stew slow cooking while she’s napping in the other room. She’s pretty close to walking, can stand unassisted, and loves to hold our hands and walk through the park. This stage has been the best for us as a family. We are constantly laughing and playing as a little threesome and can’t imagine it any other way. Her smile somehow wipes our worries away and we find ourselves scurrying home to see her. The obvious stresses have been she is far more mobile now and baby proofing is more important than ever. I’m always in fear of her safety and as much as I want to encourage her, I do wish she would slow down a bit.
Here is a little list of things we currently cannot live without:
1. i-angel hip seat carriet. Ever is way too heavy for me now and the hip seat has taken all the pressure off my back. I love love love it, and as much as the Ergobaby with newborn insert was essential in our first few months I’m very glad we’ve switched.
2. Sippy and straw cups: We gave Ever water from a sippy cup at 6 months when she started solids and started using the straw cup at 8 months. I actually sometimes just give her a bottle of water with a straw in it now. She uses the straw really well and even takes her formula from it during the day.
3. Pull-ups: Ever cannot sit still and pull-ups are essential to changing her. She can stand instead of lie on her back which she hates. Makes life so much easier, especially when we are on the go.
4. Walker: We picked one up from Toys’ R Us and also really like Walking Wings as well. She’s so eager to walk and these options are easier on our back than constantly holding her hands.
5. Books: We have so many books and they’ve helped Ever learn so many words. She now recognizes fish, stars, pandas, apples, and so much more just through a picture. We can tell it really intrigues her and is amazing for her language skills.